Become a Walk Leader
Stroud District Council currently provides volunteer walk leader training for anyone willing and able to lead walks in the community.
The training involves a one-day (or two evenings) course and covers the following areas:
- Health benefits of walking
- Components of a health walk
- Posture / physical activity and special conditions
- Guidelines for a walk-leaders / accidents
- The role of the walk leader
- Risk assessments / accident report form
Each participant will receive a course manual and will also be eligible for WHI's insurance cover.
The courses are held twice a year and are accredited by the Walking for Health Initiative which is an organisation that aims to get more people walking in their own communities, especially those who take little exercise or live in areas of poor health.
For information on upcoming walk leader training please contact us.
You can also download a copy of the Walk Leader's Training Application Form using the link provided here.